Monday, December 5, 2011

Will He not do it again?

I'm one of those bizarre people that actually loves the books of the bible that speak of the old prophets. Books like Jeremiah stir something up inside me, especially of late so I thought I'd be posting thoughts about Jeremiah 29, that God holds your future; while it may be dim to you, He has great and awesome plans.

Great thought, huh? But He led me to Psalms instead. Check this out:
"I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted."
"I remembered you o God and I groaned;I mused and my spirit grew faint.". Psalms 77:1-3

How many times have you felt this way? I know problems in my life and my heart seem to overwhelm me at times; seem to almost try to drown me and the nights we can't hear God because our own minds are to loud; or for whatever reason he does not speak; those are daunting, saddening times.

Times we just want to reach out and grab ahold of Jesus, times we never want to let go and yet we feel like He is not there...you are speaking to a wall.

What do we do?

The writer of this psalm encouraged himself with the knowledge that God had blessed him before and surely He would continue.

"Will the Lord reject forever? Will He never show His favor again? Has His unfailing love vanished forever? Has His promise failed for all time? Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has He in His anger withheld his compassion?"
"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes I will remember your miracles of long ago and think on all your works and consider your deeds. Your ways are holy and what God is as great as ours?"

Jesus says that God says we are His children. Would you not provide for your babies? Even in anger, your heart is tender towards them. In Matthew 7 it says, "which of you,if his son asks for bread,will you give him a stone?". Or if he asks for a fish, will you give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, give good gifts to your children, how much MORE will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him! So in everything do to others what you want them to do for you."

Ask Him! If you hear nothing, beat the Heavens down...He will answer.

No comments: